Thursday, March 6, 2008

contentment

Well, the last few weeks the teaching has been on contentment. Or maybe that is what I am struggling with that is what becomes the focus. I am sorry to say this, but there are days where I am not content. I think to myself that I remember the days of working and how I was out with people everyday. I was out of the house for eight hours, and then I wanted to go home. I enjoyed coming home.

Now, I am a stay-at-home mom and I want to get out of the house. Yes, I think that doing laundry and housework are menial and boring. I mean, how hard is it to clean a toilet. I have a degree.

Oh, how selfish I am. God put me in this position. He knows what is better for me than I do. He knows what is further down the road than I do. If I am not content in my life, then I am saying that God does not know what is good for me. I have to continually talk to myself and say that not only am I serving my husband and son, and showing Devin what to look for in a wife, but I am serving in the Lord. Not just serving, but joyfully serving.

1 comment:

Sandy kimmel said...

Thanks Raye,
I need always to be reminded of the glories of home chores. I don't even have a degree, just an inflated self-image. Ha Ha. I too struggle with my physical limitations, wishing for my old self back. 'Course, I don't want get a job or anything, just follow my own selfish wims. Thank you Jesus for Your Redemption Grace.
Sandy