Thursday, December 13, 2007

12 days to Christmas

Well, we are down to 12 days to Christmas, and what have you achieved. Are you done decorating, shopping, baking, and any other traditions you do to prepare for. As wives and mothers we do a lot of things to make the holidays special for our families.

Do we suffer with perfectionism and take all the fun out of it. I know that I do. I get really stressed out making sure that I get everything done. It takes me a little longer than most to get things done, so I do try to put a deadline on things. Sometimes, I wait till I can't stand to see the decoration containers in the living room anymore.

I noticed that if I stress too much, my cookies don't turn out right. Last year, my step-mother, Beula and I have been getting together to make cookies together. This helps a lot.

Now, with the shopping Cameron really enjoys doing this part. I have been blessed with a husband who likes to go shopping. He will actually go online and start getting ideas for everybody. We discuss a lot. It seems our bedroom door is locked a lot more.

We don't need to stress during the holidays. Take the time to love your family and be too busy to enjoy it. If we don't take the time to enjoy it then our families will be stressed to, and they won't enjoy it.

No comments: